Website design: Wexford Festival Opera
Rain created a new website for the national arts tourism event, with a worldwide cultural foootprint, and a reputation for excellence in rare opera. (We simultaneously created a related, but separate site for Wexford Opera House.)
Having created a new brand positioning for Wexford Festival Opera, we were asked to design a new website to showcase the organisation and its programme of events.
- With an older audience profile, the previous site had received many complaints about navigation and readability issues.
- Online booking was not available.
- The online visual identity of Wexford Festival Opera was quite different from its appearance in press advertising.
- The previous website had little tourist and related information.
- Sponsors were not well represented.
- The previous site did not have any content management solution.
- We simplifed and clarified navigation and structure [architecture].
- We created a clear, attractive homepage to showcase the main events and highlight news and production stories.
- Each event was given a distinct ‘brand’ using commissioned art and appropriate typography.
- For the first time, website, press advertising and print marketing were co-ordinated, presenting a united image for the festival.
- A content management system allows easy management information and news updates.
- An integrated Ticketsolve ticketing system works seamlessly within our design… many performances were booked-out within hours of the launch.
- Sponsors were given homepage presence and a dedicated page with links.
Other work completed by Rain design
for Wexford Festival Opera:
New brand positioning and tagline / New visual identity / Programme and literature / National & international press advertising campaigns / Launch material